Local 28 Fact Sheet
During the past 6 months your Union has settled approximately 50 grievances in the workplace. for example:
- Over 40 grievances were settled at the informal stage (Step 1)
- 9 were settled using the ADR procedure
- 1 went to arbitration – the Union won and the fired employee was returned to work with back pay.
- 5 member EEO cases were favorably settled at the ADR level
- An Unfair Labor Practice Charge (ULP) was settled with management removing the offender from his supervisory position.
Union Membership pays:
- All our members are covered by a $20,000 accidental life policy at no extra cost.
- A first class union dental policy for as little as $11.42 per month and the entire family for $29.04 per month.
AFL-CIO Union Privilege program offers:
- Discount auto insurance
- Discount legal coverage
- Home mortgage and refinance discounts
- Dell computer discounts
- and many others
Now more than ever, federal employees need to stick together. There is strength in numbers!